The position of Value Stream Manager is responsible for all manufacturing related activities. The successful candidate will report to the Sr. Production Manager on site, and will be accountable for the daily management and direction of more than 50 employees in the manufacturing of assemblies for a variety of programs. The Value Stream Manger will be tasked to define clear operational schedules, priorities and goals, collaborate with functional management to allow for continuous manufacturing flow. Additionally the Value Stream Manager will have accountability for cost, budgets, proposals, safety, and employee development.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in both technical and manufacturing leadership roles.
Candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 40 hour work week, travel domestically and moving between buildings and local facilities. Candidate must be capable of being granted a secret clearance.
This function is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Schedule Performance
- Quality performance
- Product cost
- Safety program
- Financial performance and reporting
- Supplier Management
- Communication of customer requirements throughout their Value Stream
- Interfacing with both External and Internal Customers
- Management and Leadership of over 50 support and touch personnel
- Factory Layout
- Personnel Performance input for all related functions
- Hiring practices in accordance with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act
Required Experience (8 years in the following areas):
- Demonstrated successful experience running a Manufacturing System with over 50 employees
- Integral knowledge of MRP systems
- Labor Management
- Engineering Management
- Line Balancing
- Earned Value Systems
- Electromechanical Manufacturing Experience
- Budget Management
- Shop Floor Management
- Quality Systems and their Application
- Lean Manufacturing Application
- Team Facilitation
- Superior Communication Skills
- Electrical or Mechanical Design Experience
- Supplier Management Experience
- Knowledge of PRISM and/or SAP
- Knowledge or experience of Navajo culture and/or working with Navajo Nation
Required Education: BS in Engineering/Manufacturing.
Client company adheres to the Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act in areas of
recruitment and hiring practices.
Client company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Submit resumes or inquiries to the email addresses below. Attached resumes are accepted in Word and PDF formats-