This is a Sr. Production Manager position responsible for all manufacturing related activities. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Electro Optical., and will be accountable for the daily management and direction of more than 250 employees in the manufacturing of assemblies for a variety of programs. The Sr. Production Manager will be tasked to define clear operational schedules, priorities and goals for the facility, and will also be responsible for leading, collaborating and influencing functional managers to allow for continuous manufacturing flow. Additionally, the Sr. Production Manager’s duties will include oversight of cost, schedule, budgets, proposals, employee development, hiring and determination of root cause corrective action, as necessary.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in both technical and manufacturing leadership roles.
Candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 40 hour work week, travel domestically and moving between buildings and local facilities. Candidate must be capable of being granted a secret clearance.
This function is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Schedule Performance; Quality performance; Product Cost; Financial performance and reporting; Supplier Management; Communication of customer requirements throughout the entire Manufacturing Delivery System; Interfacing with both External and Internal Customers; Management and Leadership of over 250 support and touch personnel; Lead Root Cause and Corrective action Teams; Factory Layout; Personnel Performance input for all related functions; Hiring practices in accordance with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act
Required Experience (12 years in the following areas):
- Demonstrated successful experience running a Manufacturing System with over 250 employees
- Integral knowledge of MRP systems
- Management of >$1 Million operating budget
- Labor Management
- Engineering Management
- Line Balancing
- Earned Value Systems
- Electromechanical Manufacturing Experience
- Budget Management
- Shop Floor Management
- Quality Systems and their Application
- Lean Manufacturing Application
- Team Facilitation
- Superior Communication Skills
- Desired Attributes:
- Electrical or Mechanical Design Experience
- Supplier Management Experience
- Knowledge of PRISM and/or SAP
Required Education: BS in Engineering/Manufacturing.
Client company adheres to the Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act in areas of
recruitment and hiring practices.
Client company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Submit resumes or inquiries to the email addresses below. Attached resumes are accepted in Word and PDF formats-