Medical Support Assistant GS-679-4/5/6
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number: IHS-11-AB-454393-ESEP-MP
Who May Apply: Status Candidates
From $24,933.00 to $40,706.00 USD per year
Tue Mar 22, 2011 to Mon Apr 4, 2011
|SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
1 vacancy – Sisseton, SD
|WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP); Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP); Veteran’s Preference Candidates; Commissioned Officers.|
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior’s definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), PHS Indian Health Care WWK. Memorial Center, Dental Dept. in Sisseton, South Dakota. Sisseton, SD 1 vacancy
Salary range: $24,933.00- $40,706.00 (Annually)
Promotion potential: GS-5
Merit Promotion Position: YES
Travel Required: YES–Occasional travel is required.
Supervisory/Managerial Position: NO
Travel & Relocation Expenses: Travel & Relocation Expenses WILL BE PAID in the primary interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? YES–(See item # 2 in the How to Apply Tab).
Is drug testing required? NO
Is government housing available? NO
Is this a bargaining unit position? YES
TOUR OF DUTY (Work Schedule): Full Time / Permanent
IF applicable: This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service. delete this item if not applicable to the position
WHO MAY APPLY:
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran’s Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
Commissioned Corps Candidates
– visit email@example.com for more information on Who May Apply
- Position subject to background investigation.
- As part of the pre-employment process, fingerprint checks are required.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
DUTIES: This position is located in the Dental Department of the Woodrow Wilson Keeble Memorial Health Care Center in Sisseton, South Dakota. This position involves a variety of receptionist and clerical services that increase the overall efficiency of the Dental Clinic.
- Greets and receives patients and has patient complete patient registration information, such as the status of reports, suspense dates for matters of approval, etc.
- Notifies appropriate dental staff of patients arrivals, after assuring appropriate medical forms are distributed to the patient.
- Answers the telephone, refers calls to the appropriate person, answers general questions, takes messages, etc.
- Provides copies of policies and instructions, and answers technical questions based on established practices, procedures and other programmatic guidelines.
- Disposes of routine matters independently and without the Dental Officer’s intervention.
- Prepares in final form a variety of draft materials including memoranda, reports, tabulations, letters, and all other correspondences.
- Makes necessary arrangements for conferences and meetings, to include space, time, people, assembles background materials, attends, and prepares written documentation of proceedings.
- Assists with necessary travel arrangements of Commissioned Corps & Civilian dental personnel, including travel/training requests, transportation (POV, GOV and Commercial), lodging reservations, etc.
- Maintains a current accurate appointment system for dental patients. (Routine patients, prosthetics, oral surgery, perio-recall, etc.)
- Maintains a call-back system in order to contact patients in case of appointments changes and/or appointment availability.
- Files may be basic or complex, containing a cross-reference system. Materials may include forms, office manuals, policies & procedures, etc.
- Responsible for entering orders into the UFMS system to assure adequate supplies are available as needed.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned.